GKEDC has distributed over $750,000 in grants to more than 40 non-profit organizations including over $120,000 to Families First, over $100,000 to the Blue Mountain Community Library, and $30,000 to the Pen Argyl Parks and Athletic Association to repair the slate roof on the historic carousel at Weona Park. Other organizations that have received support include Wind Gap Borough Park Board, Sullivan Trail Sertoma, volunteer fire and ambulance companies, local Boy Scout troops and athletic organizations.
1. Grants will be awarded to organizations that reflect the ideals of community service, environmental stewardship, or community development.
2. Not-for-profit organizations providing service predominantly to the Pen Argyl, Wind Gap, and Plainfield Township areas are eligible to apply for a grant.
3. The GKEDC prefers to match funds raised by the organization; the final amount, however, will be at the Board’s discretion.
4. In general, the Board will favor granting funds towards specific projects, but other types of needs will be considered.
5. The following information must be provided in the online form:
- Name and phone number of a member of the organization (this person may be contacted if the Board has additional questions)
- Name of the organization.
- A description of the project.
- The start date and estimated completion date .
- How the project will benefit the community and enhance the quality of life for the residents of Pen Argyl, Wind Gap, and Plainfield Township.
- A description of how previous grants received from GKEDC were used.
6. Grant applications will be accepted from February 1, 2019 until April 30, 2019. Grants will be awarded in May 2019.
7. The organizations to receive the GKEDC Community Development Project Grants will be notified via email.
8. The maximum amount of a grant will be $3000. Depending on the nature of the project, the funds may be distributed in two segments.
The first half will be awarded shortly after GKEDC selects the organizations to receive the grant.
The remaining distribution will be made upon notification by the organization that the project has been completed.
Funds not awarded will remain the property of GKEDC. If a recipient does not initiate the project and there are grant funds remaining, the institution shall return the balance of the GKEDC grant.
9. If a Grant recipient must delay their project for any reason, the recipient must contact the GKEDC in writing as soon as possible. The Grant will be held up to one year from the date of award notification by the GKEDC. After that time, the GKEDC will have the discretion to continue holding or to withdraw the award as they see fit.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING THE GRANT APPLICATION:
1. The entire application must be completed for consideration by the Board.
2. Type or neatly print all information.
Sign and date the last page.
3. Mail to the Green Knight Economic Development Corporation, P.O. Box 4, Pen Argyl, PA 18072 or submit by email to email@example.com
4. All applicants will be reviewed, and the grant recipients will be notified by email.
Click here to download the application